View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2000, 21:25 (Ref:2764)   #24
SoichiroHonda
Rookie

SoichiroHonda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

All my life,I've been around cars and customizing. Back in '86 in junior high, I read (or rather looked at the pics in) Japanese tuning magazines. I couldn't wait to get my first car. When it finally did happen, I was rockin' a then new '88 Buick Regal with the 2.8 V-6 and deep rims and a dropped ride. Some might say it was an old farts car, but it was fast, and I got a lot of compliments. Well back in '93 I purchased my beloved Civic, and right from the start, it has undergone several mods and tweeks, and I'm not done yet. Boy racer? Hardly. When I drive, alone, at night, with the windows down, the music playing, I can't think of anywhere I'd rather be. I love driving, and anything I can do to further my enjoyment of the road will be done. Cost is not an object where my happines is concerned. People often compliment my car and my choice of accessories. And some of these people have cars well beyond my means. But they Understand, and thats why they do it. Negative connotations? I think not. As for going racing, thats exactly what I do. Both street and official race events are big here. But as for not making any sense, well you tell me something. I've visited this forum many times, and just recently decided to post. I've noticed an underlying theme that permeates nearly all the messages found here and it puzzles me. Messages recalling the "good old days" of BTCC abound. If you are so dissapointed by what the BTCC has become, then why do you spend money to attend the races? Why bother to watch them on TV? Why give it your continued patronage? If NSC is infinitely superior, then why not abandon the BTCC altogether. After all, there's always the Mika and Schuey show. To me, continued griping is what truly makes no sense. As I've stated, I love ST cars, not watered down SP or NSC or even Grp. N. If the BTCC dies, then it dies. I'm sure there will be a resurection before long, just like the DTM.
So if you want to rock a Midget, go for it Austin. You do your thing,and I'll do mine.