View Single Post
Old 9 May 2011, 07:22 (Ref:2877233)   #1519
henk4
Veteran

Netherlands
Rozenburg, Holland
henk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridhenk4 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
That's interesting. My own perception was that the Peugeot's took Audi rather by surprise. They seemed rattled by the pace of the Pugs.

On a similar theme, I was told by several 'in the know' people that the R18's are on a different level (pacewise) to the Pugs, that the Pugs will be 'blown away' at Le Mans. That may yet happen, but personally I've now seen enough to dismiss those suggestions.
well, we saw that they were on a different level, but not the sort of difference they wanted.

And I think Quesnel was right to be very careful describing his chances. The odds were rather against him, and what Audi had shown up to the beginning of the race, did not allow to be very confident. I actually could not believe my eyes when I saw that the Audis were unable to run away straight from the start, having a clear (and relatively clean) track in front of them, all for themselves. They simply were unable to repeat the times set during free practice and qualifying.