View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2017, 05:29 (Ref:3738264)   #92
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
The Fox sports article was written by James Phelps - the same guy who prints V8SC press releases on a weekly basis. Not sure how much weight you are going to put in Mr Phelps timeline there.
Hence the use of the word "maybe" in my post. I put about as much faith in lack of bias or detail information provided by Mr Phelps as I do in any other journalist - pretty much zero. In the same way that a broken watch has the right time twice a day, sometimes - rarely journalists do get it right.

I suspect that the question of who came up with the idea first will probably just end up in a "he said, she said" scenario with nothing definitive. It is interesting that Mr Lambden was on the V8 Commission and that the FT5000 was his next project - wonder if there was some discussion about it back then and the two parties headed off in their different directions?