View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2017, 07:52 (Ref:3738275)   #94
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
Designing an open wheeler around parts from the Supercars is surely practical/modular/etc. but it seems they have really hamstrung the car itself and what it could have been
It's only hamstrung in that it doesn't have underbody aero, which they can always add later if they want to make it do faster laptimes.

Whether it's suboptimal to have the gearset in front of the diff, rather than behind the diff like a normal formula car transaxle, is another thing. But Porsche 911s corner beautifully for having the entire engine in the wrong place, so I am sure Supashock will have designed around that and setup the f:r balance of the S5000 properly.

Personally I think the Judd V10 LMP1 (or the standard Zytek 3.5 V8 Formula 3000 engine) should be the engine of choice for either series for a techy, exotic sound but I can also see the appeal of an American style V8.

Those bemoaning engine costs seem to ignore that Dunlop and Kumho series runners have no complaints about the cost and mileage of the Supercars specification motors. I agree the Coyote is more rational when speccing low running capital costs, but motorsport is not rational.

Any motor is a vast improvement on the trusty Holden Buick V6 of Formula Holden which sounds, frankly, like a wet fart!

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 3 Jun 2017 at 08:01.