View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2017, 10:13 (Ref:3739444)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=VIVA GT;3739428]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post

To be honest, I don't see what is relevance of who actually owns which chassis with regard to 888's & BMR's 'Works' status.
These are both run as 'factory' teams where the racing team is representing that brand (irrespective of who or what 'owns' the chassis), so each manufacturer (or brand) has (more than) a vested interest in the team on that basis I would have thought?
I think more relevant than ownership of the chassis, is the manufacturer involvement with team activity.
Honda appear to work closely with TD, and there is a lot of cross-promotion between different Honda 'disciplines'.
MG seem to at least be interested, in that their franchised dealers host Q&A sessions with the drivers.
Subaru on the other hand seem to do nothing more than a minor press release twice a year, and leave Adrian Flux to promote via a blog.