View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2017, 06:05 (Ref:3740148)   #55
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Yes, well done the three of you, despite the penalty. A load of 911s were dragged into post race scrutineering, but no idea of any outcome......

The event seems to be popular with spectators again, like the 'old' events were when run by Patrick Quinou. Lots of car clubs displaying outside and inside the circuit, and yesterday 3 air displays by singular aircraft. These were a vintage 'stunt' byplane, a late model Supermarine Spitfire, and the Hawker Sea Fury that has displayed here previously. This was based at Darios airfield just close to the circuit, where the BBQ was held last eve. All 3 planes were parked outside the open hanger used for the event. Very cool and so well done......

We have CER1 race this afternoon, Delta has the second FJ straight after. First out this morning are the touring cars, so peace will be shattered in half an hour or so! Will be keeping an eye on the relative performance of the cars....
Lurking amongst the car clubs, at Club Lotus, you could a friend of mine all the way from Wymondham, signing copies of his excellent new book!

Sounds like a great weekend & I'm kicking myself for not being there.