View Single Post
Old 3 May 2004, 20:24 (Ref:959723)   #8
Steve L
Rookie

Steve L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went along just on the Saturday, too.

Yes, tickets "on the day" were £15 each. The ad in Motor Sport magazine said if you called the number provided and mentioned the magazine then tickets would only be £10 each in advance.

What they didn't tell you is that on top of the £10 would be a £2 handling charge plus a £2 charge for using a credit card! So, a £10 ticket bought over the phone was actually £14! Hardly much of a saving......

I did save a bit by posting a cheque for a ticket, so with handling charge it cost "only" £12.

I was surprised how small the crowds were on the Saturday.

The races were a bit disappointing, too. They ended up being very processional.

I was looking forward to seeing the "hot shots" Barry Williams in the Aston DBR4 and John Ure in ERA R9B shake things up in both their races, but neither ran. I don't know if they'd been entered at VSCC Silverstone the week before and had hit problems there?

There were hardly any trade stands to browse around either on the Saturday, although going by the small crowd I wouldn't blame the trade for not attending.

The commentaries on all the races were very good (although I don't think non-starters were mentioned), and enthusiastic!

And it was good hearing Julian Bronson being interviewed after his race in the Lister! It was said he'd been timed at 183mph in it recently!!!!!!