View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3317047)   #15
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Motorsport View Post
1) No Russian Time don't have 'Pay Drivers' you're right, but EVERY GP2 driver has to pay a amount of money to the team for the season, up to around £1-1.5 Million for the entire season, so that the team can cover its expenses (eg. Traveling to races, equipment, staff salaries, the cost of the car itself), I wasn't saying Tom Dillmann is a pay driver, just wondering wether he has enough for full season as he does this season but in 2012 he didn't and was dropped by Rapax mid-season despite being a race-winner.

2) Because he's Marussia's lead driver in GP3 and Marussia have links to Carlin? He also has the talent and would be walking away with the GP3 title now had it not been for two awful weekends were he was involved in incidents that were not his fault in Spa and Monza, and with Marussia backing him I think he has the budget
1) If Dillmann had to pay that money, then he would be pay driver. But what I understand is that Russian Time does not take money from the drivers.

2) What links from Marussia to Carlin? When Chilton drives at Carlin then yes, because his father is shareholder at Carlin. But now?