View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2014, 20:41 (Ref:3363796)   #125
Pescara Productions
Rookie

United Kingdom
The worst road in Leicestershire
Pescara Productions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,
I'm Phillip, I'm 16 and to be fair I think Motorsport was engraved in my brain from a very early age. I have grown up living on the doorstep of Mallory Park and it has become my second home since I was born. It has fueled an addiction at an early age that was so powerful my parents had to stop me going outside as a child as the distant noise would cause me to nag them for the rest of the day about the racing.

I'm mainly a fan of the club racing as it was what I grew up with, especially the Mini Miglia's, Legends and anything the 750MC produces. I've never been to any big events in the UK as I never really thought that paying stupid money for 60 laps of racing, 11 overtakes and the most expensive cars in racing was ever as good as 12 laps of craziness from 30 Mazda MX5's.

Although I did enjoy F1, weirdly at the Schumacher era (the time where no liked it ), I think it has become too artificial in recent years and I think they need to take it back to basics and leave it for a bit, instead of constantly fiddling with it to stop the Red Bull dominance. BTCC is the only sport I've watched religiously throughout my life as most racing as been stolen from anyone who hasn't got Sky. Over the past five years or so I've been filming the best and worst of British Club sport (although on a very restricted budget) and it's been the most interesting my life has ever been. I've met some fantastic people and caught some mental races and huge crashes on camera, which I intend to sell on to anyone who's interested, I'm piecing together what I hope will be a more up to date equivalent of the Havoc series.

On the subject of Havoc I think I've got a collection of VHS's/DVD's from various charity shops which sadly seem to be the only supply I can find. I've got several, 'Best of Havoc' VHS/DVDs so god knows how many they made, Crash & Crunch, All American Crashes, Crash Crazy, BPR World Championship 96, Murray's Motorsport Spectacular and a few Radio Le Mans VHS's from the 80's. It's a mismatched collection to say the least.

Hopefully I can find a role to fulfill on this forum. I don't see a Mallory Park correspondent yet so perhaps I could have a go at that. I'll try to keep my posts as short and to the point as possible as I have a tendency to go on a bit as I've never been good at summing things up quickly. Hopefully the whole filming business will go well and allow me to try and get more racing on TV for people who don't want to pay stupid money watch Motors TV. I'm also looking into building a rallycross car very soon and I may need advise with that little project.

Last edited by Pescara Productions; 3 Feb 2014 at 20:47.