View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2016, 08:17 (Ref:3690142)   #122
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm not so sure - my son has found lot of stuff on youtube - because that's where he looks for stuff rather than in tv schedules. I'm sure the same is true of many other members of the 'yoof' audience. Online presence and in particular youtube is important now (and maybe moreso than being on some obscure tv channel in the middle of the night).
Exactly. This is an important point that gets missed by the older generation - including Radio Le Mans when they discuss streaming. Streaming is now the way the younger generation view the most content.

Streaming also has schedules (like TV), so you can find what you want. Many of the services also give suggestions - YouTube for example. I recently watched a replay of the 2016 N24 race - the whole thing! It was all on YouTube, officially uploaded. And after the race, it had suggestions "Do you want to watch the 2016 IMSA Laguna Seca race?" Damn right I do!

I don't think older generations are fully understand how streaming works, the advances in recent years, and the massive shift towards it for younger generations.

You can watch the full Ring 24 hours live on YouTube in HD. Or you can stay up till 3am and get 30 minute highlights on BT Sport 6.