View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2017, 04:45 (Ref:3766699)   #162
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Because they enjoy the anachronism that is Goodwood.

I have a number of friends who go who genuinely do not know about Appendix K, others who suspend belief for the time they are there.

It doesn't float my boat, but 100,000 people say I'm wrong. I bet if you added up all the historic racing "enthusiasts", racers and spectators from every "historic" race meeting outside the Silverstone Classic the Revival would outnumber them. Clearly the mass market doesn't worry about historical accuracy.
owrforever- the above is pretty much how I would have replied to your earlier post! Sorry I'm a bit late to the party but am at Spa for this weekends big meeting.

There are one or two races at Goodwood Revival and Members Meeting where the entertainment takes priority over period authenticity. In most races the cars will have FIA HTP papers and be the same cars I see at many other European meetings. But in for example, The St Mary's Trophy, the cars will likely not have FIA papers and will run (for example) disc brakes instead of drums, bigger discs and calipers than original, more sophisticated suspension, etc..... It makes for great entertainment, especially if something 'unlikely' can fight the expected front runners!