Thread: Team Marussia - what next?
View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2014, 13:58 (Ref:3469391)   #59
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
As a general note, all this rubbish about road relevance has cost the teams vast sums of money, notwithstanding the rich teams v poor argument, I consider it a facile argument to be demanding a budget cap, when the FIA makes it more expensive to run a car.

Some may suggest that the manufacturers should ask a sum less than the cost of the engines so that it makes the whole thing more "fair". My answer is, stop pandering to road relevance, or the greens and go back to sticking big engines in small cars and make the drivers drive them. I'm sure a decent 4l V8 or V12 is going to cost substantially less than a V6 turbo power unit with all sorts of irrelevant (to racing) gubbins added to it.

Then the lesser teams will have more dosh to play with.
+1