Thread: Team Marussia - what next?
View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2014, 18:20 (Ref:3469457)   #71
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
They need to get real and realise that the sport is about speed not how far you can drive on a mosquito's bladder of fuel.
i agree racing is about going fastest. the point i am trying, unsuccessfully it seems, is that i would like to see more teams operating at the fastest possible speed.

from your other posts i assume you work in the energy sector or a related field? fuel efficiency or other pseudo green tech may seem silly to you but right or wrong the majority of western society is thinking green...or at least pretending to.

anyways even if they dropped the engine rules the money you are talking about saving will not come close to helping those teams in need.

for me competition is not one or two teams lapping the remainder. spending 200mill compared to those spending 100-50mil is not competition imo. ensuring that teams have an equal starting point and then seeing what they can do starting from a level starting place is what parity is and its why the NFL, MLB, NHL, and NBA are among the most popular sports leagues in the world. and why the NFL chiefly is becoming the new model in terms of both how to ensure a competitive field while making more money then ever before.

i have asked the question about why mobile companies like Apple have no interest in F1. why have all the consumer electronics brands been chased away?

technology companies want to associate themselves with progress while f1 is a case study in moving backwards and that is the fault of old people running to default solutions that worked in the past and its debatable how good those ideas were back then even.

anyways agree to disagree