View Single Post
Old 21 May 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3734860)   #61
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Not sure if infield is ever better for spectating as by seeing you will miss out on some or most of the track. This is another reason why Lydden is perfect as you can be very close to the action and still see the whole track
From the handful of European tracks I've seen I would definitely say the best overview of the circuit comes from the spectator areas rather than the infield.

Fully agreed with regards to Lydden: it's hard to find a spot where you can't see the whole track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1975DCS
Mettet would be much better if you could view upwards rather that downwards. But I still don't like the fact you can't see the start up close.
I noticed a few people trying that from outside the perimeter fence this year! Viewing from the bottom would give you a better view of the sharp descent after turn one and the lower section of the track, but the start would still be obscured, you'd have a limited view of turn one and both the finish and joker exit would be out of sight.

Along the top of the hill at Mettet has the best view overall. The spectator area at the end of the joker section is the closest spectators can get to the action (and you can look right down the straight at the start), though the lower section is completely out of sight there.