Old 5 Jul 2007, 22:43 (Ref:1955659)   #305
blinkybm
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
blinkybm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian beckett
A group N(Production class) car was built by Ted grace for Barrie Williams(the car looked like a replica of the Sytner Group A version).This was for sale in Autosport 14/4/88 at £10,000 from Ted Grace.
and from KA: "Enter RA2/46, apparently rebuilt from a damaged Group A shell in Ted Grace's workshop- but when, and where did it come from....?"
I guess the clue to where RA2/046 came from is that it is RHD, and according to John Clark, the only RHD cars were built by CC Motorsport.
Gerry, it's great that you have spoken to Barrie Williams, and I have sent an email to Frank, so hopefully they can get together and fill in the gaps. I've also sent an email to Chris Willows at BMW GB for some more info. I spoke to David Sutherland last night, he confirmed that the car he drove with John Clark was LHD, but he couldn't remember much else - he was just a hired driver. I'm trying to track down James Weaver, as he might be able to tell us about the RHD car crashed ? at Donington and then re shelled - CC30/31.
Ian, you were certainly right, it's easier talking to the people involved - even from the wrong side of the world...
Cheers folks
Bill