View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2009, 22:39 (Ref:2388540)   #18
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
So, the teams that finished 1st and 2nd last year have registered the lowest number of votes so far. Interesting outcome.
I think some people have been star****ed by the big names on a quick car. Not that they can't get the job done, but some posters probably lack imagination.

Quote:
I know that Denyer is a roughie to actually start, and in the #1 Alexander has been dropped - but replaced with Tony Longhurst, so I don't think that will send them backwards!!
Good point. We should remember that it wasn't long ago that ole Tone got the call from HRT to fill in for Mark ''OMG my appendix. Ow!'' Skaife.

Quote:
With having won last years race and with a new Ralliart Evo10 that the team have already tested at Bathurst (in December) I think they would go in favourites.
Could be argued that they didn't win last year's race so much as inherit it from the Quinn/Quinn/Denyer car, with its PLPs and gift pass opportinity at the death. IMO some people, self included, are 'over' the saturation of Evos in Aus motorsport. They're good gadgets to be sure, but I'd like to see something different win, be it a BMW, Commo or the 'shaggin.

Quote:
Well they're my tip, but actually I don't care who wins..I just think it will be a spectacular race with great depth in the outright class. Last year Morris, White and Quinn were scrapping side by side into turn 2 lap 1 (12hr race remember) and Morris folded Whites mirror back as they duelled into the braking area.
The first laps will be epic for sure. I just hope the rest of the race is close too.