Thread: 2015 Moto GP...
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3105476)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually those with long memories will realise these two are peas in a pod.
Pedrosa cleaned up in 125 and 250 before moving up, and really has been a bit of a disappointment in MotoGP when you consider his form in the lower classes.

He was a total alien in 125/250, on maybe not the best bike, but his size was always a huge advantage there as is the case for Marquez. Where if you lok at Casey he was quick in the lower classes without being dominant, Lorenzo was dominant in 250 on the best bike, but Dovi was never on the best but looked good.

Think back to guys like Nakano, Jacque, Cadalora, Biaggi, Pons, Garriga. All amazing on smaller bikes but never as dominant on a GP bike. Whereas guys like Checa, Puig, Gibernau, Barros Criville, Roberts were all much better on a big bike than a small bike.

Its not often about how good you were when being small was an advantage, if he is exceptional I would be surprised, but right now being on a Honda is the place to be.

I personally dont think he will be anything special, very similar to Pedrosa for me.

I think there are other riders who could move up who would adapt better, but this news is about as surprising as finding out this day is Thursday.

What annoys me is the way it has all benn done underhand by changing rules and making what we all know is a Spanish champioship with a few annoying foreign interlopers, even more Spanish.

Pathetic really, but thats what you get when the FIM allow SPain to run the world championships with very little input from themselves.