Thread: 2015 Moto GP...
View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2015, 10:29 (Ref:3589455)   #560
Artur
Veteran

Artur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
It's not Lorenzo's/Marquez's/Pedrosa's fault they are not as popular (and therefore as marketable) as Rossi, but when he leaves a lot of fans will go with him. You're free to think that getting rid of Rossi's more fervent fans is a good thing (and I won't defend them), but that will ultimately mean less money for Dorna who aren't in the rudest financial health as it is.
Well, Lorenzo and Pedrosa doesn't present themselves as friendly guys even remotely as much as Rossi have always done.

I think Dorna is doing fine. The tracks are always filled with huge crowds, they have good tv presence on several countries and, unlike with Uncle Bernard's little circus, their rating are not falling apart. They are also not short of countries interested in hosting events, so Dorna seems pretty fine with their money collecting sources.

When Rossi retires, I think we'll see lots of people go(at least we'll get rid of the worst of the fanboys) but MotoGP/Dorna sooner or later would have to deal with their real fanbase, the one which involves only those who like bike racing and not those who just sporadically watch some event because of some circusntances(rider fanboyism, controversies or something else)