View Single Post
Old 12 Dec 2016, 09:12 (Ref:3695449)   #64
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know someone who did regular 150 miles a day in an older Prius, he had a little Toyota aswell can't remember the name, but got better mileage out of that.

Battery pack went, cost him a fortune to replace it, but he did get good resale on it, but it seems if you do high mileage in them the pack goes early, he was told this by Toyota. Wanted to stay with Toyota but they couldn't offer him a decent deal on anything

He bought a little 1.3 Swift packed to the rafters with goodies for less than 10 grand, nicer to drive, got better gas mileage, far better equipment, more space, and what he saved on gas made up for the negligible tax bonus.

Resale would be poor, but the new Swift holds its value really well so perhaps not as bad as you think.

I think in the UK they are still a novelty new, they are over priced and second hand in a lot of places are being snapped up by cabbies, certainly where I live.

To make them more buyable they need to take the hit simply put.