View Single Post
Old 27 Oct 2006, 08:12 (Ref:1750795)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I hand't realised at least 3 cars had been built.

ART seems to have things right (well he must do because it sounds like he owns one of them!!)

and there's an older thread bringing up these cars)

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80367

funnily enough started by ART!!

My general recollection is the 1983 car went into '84 and got badly pranged by Win at Thruxton's Easter race on the opening lap. A new/2nd car (with wider homologated arches) was continually developed and by the end of '84 was highly competitive in Win's hands. (The original car got rebuilt and went onto Peter Williamson IIRC and the poor thing got another hiding on the Bathurst startline that year?)

Barry then took over this new/'2nd' car in 1985 which as has been said got walloped (at Thruxton again) in an infamous startline shunt. The replacement car was never as good but then Barry never seemed to get to grips with it anyway.

The rally car version was pedalled by Per Eklund in 1985 (I originally thought this was the first race car rebuilt) but I believe it was a completely different machine?