View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2218666)   #41
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Found this on an old 'the imp club' forum page:-

Maybe I can shed some light on some of the cars built by John Maguire....
I raced the ex-David Enderby Chamois coupe, with a five-speed Knight tranny and engines built by Ray Payne, in 1982-1984, running in Scandinavia. I bought the car directly from David after the final Wendy Wools round, when he had gotten started on converting a Tiga S2000 to run with an Imp engine and be clothed in VW Karmann Ghia bodywork. My car was then sold to Harry Simpson in Scotland who did very well in hill-climbs, until the car's demise was recorded in Motoring News. I do not know whether Simpson re-built the car, or scrapped it. Incidentally, I also bought Enderby's first Maguire Imp (the saloon shape bodywork) that was
badly damaged at Thruxton in 1980, hitting a marshal's post tail first. This car was sold on to a Norwegian gentleman who scrapped it it the Nineties. Another Maguire Stiletto was built for Mats Warg of Falun in Sweden, the gent who originally purchased the ex-Ivor Goodwin/Slim Borgudd/Chrysler Sweden Imp that I have still got, and which is being re-built at the moment into a Ray Payne/Hartwell lookalike. Mats' Maguire car was sold on to Finland, I do not know if it still exists. Finally, the Barry Reece Maguire Stiletto was totalled at Castle Combe in 1983, causing Barry severe injuries from which he sadly never recovered fully.
I hope this fills in some of the gaps in the history of the Maguire cars. My own favourite race in one of those cars was at Kinnekulle in Sweden in 1982, when I was in a GT race and managed to beat two Porsche 935s in the race...it was very wet and the Porsches could not put their power down. The ex-Enderby car was magnificent.
Doc Knutsen, Halden, Norway