View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2017, 00:27 (Ref:3745890)   #183
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
If Porsche don't come back, I can't see Toyota sticking around too long. For all I know, both might leave for if no other reason than to get a head start on the 2020 cars. These programs are in the hands of corporate boards, not ours. And after seeing some of the stuff I've seen over the years, not much would surprise me either way.

I think (and outright fear) that Porsche's decision might make or break factory involvement in LMP1, and that'll come down to their board. I wouldn't give Toyota a 100% chance of returning yet, because as we saw with Audi, the board can change their mind at any time.

Not saying that they will, but the boards of several companies have been notoriously fickle with how they spend their money on motorsports.

Of course I did see on Facebook that Toyota pumped 400 million Euros into their LMP1 program this year. I believe that to be impossible and whoever started that one is full of crap. I believe that Toyota are easily spending somewhat more than the 75 million that they're claiming (probably 10-20 million Euros more than 75 million), but 400 million? Extremely inflated figure.