View Single Post
Old 10 Dec 2006, 10:51 (Ref:1786694)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The IPO Finds Nothing Wrong!!

From the Supercar website here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Release
The Investigating and Prosecuting Officer Peter Wollerman viewed further footage of the incident and arrived at a final decision. Triple Eight Racing disagreed with that decision and decided to take the matter to a stewards hearing.

That hearing will take place at midday tomorrow at a venue to be determined.

“The penalty was based on a determination by the stewards that there was a breach of the rules in terms of careless driving by Rick Kelly. After some further consideration the matter was further considered by the IPO of the race,” Chief steward Steve Chopping said.

“He considered a great deal of data, in car footage and other things concerning the in-car activities of car 15 and car 888 and whilst the IPO investigated those things Triple Eight lodged a protest against the penalty imposed in the race.

“Now that the IPO has determined that the matter doesn’t warrant being referred to the stewards for further penalty the stewards will now refer to the hearing of the Triple Eight protest.”
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods