View Single Post
Old 22 Feb 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2638378)   #51
Jesper OH
Veteran

Jesper OH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I found this all very interesting at the time. The car was entered by Patriciu Cantu's Crypton Engineering equipe - which also ran Farbrizio Barbazza in a Leyton House chassis in the F3000 series - and I guess the 2 cars would have been transported around together for the August races that saw the F3000 and BTCC running on the same bill?

Eggenberger was indeed still heavily involved from a engineering/set up perspective. I'm guessing that this was because Eggenberger had prior knowledge of both Brands and Birmingham layouts from Soper's forays in 1988?

I don't know whether the car was bought from Ruedi or simply leased for a few races. Did the car race in the Italian series as well though? Anyone got any more info on this?
From the book "Super Turismo" about the 1990 Italian TCC
Amato Ferrari finished 31st that year, but I can only find traces of him from the opening Monza round in March. From what I can gather from my limited Italian and various translation services on the net, the car is said to be Eggenberger prepared and run by Team Crypton owned by Bello. The Bello would likely be Swiss Luigi Bello who raced a red Eggenberger prepared car in the opening round of the 1989 CIVT. This car was red and here it would be interesting to see pictures of the two cars that might turn out to be one and the same. This sounds as something for the RS500 threat.

Seing the Crypton ownership is contradicting your information, chunterer, but as I said my Italian is dubious at best.

Ruedi Eggenberger must have been a bit restless during 1990. From what I know he raced his own cars in the 24h races at Nürburgring and Spa-Francorchamps, in charge of the Ferrari car in the two BTCC races and perhaps what else Ferrari might have raced in Italy and then managing the few Allan Moffat late season races in Australia and mayby Fuji.

Jesper

Last edited by Jesper OH; 22 Feb 2010 at 16:51. Reason: Crypton ownership + Eggenberger work list