View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3817206)   #10
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe the problem could lie within the possibility that the Motorsports agreement to broadcast V8's (VASC) is perhaps not with Supercars themselves but rather with Channel TEN. I dont believe the Motorsports TV agreement is with VASC directly, or with Foxtel but with the TEN Network. Motorsports TV in that case would only have access to TEN live broadcasts.

Now it is no secret that CH TEN is in financial merde and as such here in Australia it recently announced a package of reduced V8 Live content.... certainly not every round and a maximum IIRC of 6 rounds only. One of those was Clipsal, and the AGP meeting might have been covered under their (TEN's) GP separate agreement. For other events not selected for live coverage they broadcast highlights on a delayed basis. A bit similar to F1 FTA coverage in the UK.

That is my belief. I myself watch the live coverage as part of my Foxtel Sport package so I have not followed what CH TEN actually broadcast. Im sure others on the board will have more factual information regarding the TEN coverage. VASC here in Aus only show all events live via Foxtel.

I am just offering my thought as a potential reason for the reduction or loss of live coverage via Motorsport TV.

Taken from the TEN Website:
Quote:
Network Ten will broadcast live coverage throughout the year including the Adelaide 500, Watpac Townsville 400, Sandown 500, Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000, Vodafone Gold Coast 600 and the Coates Hire Newcastle 500.

In addition, comprehensive highlights programs of all other Supercars rounds will broadcast across TEN and ONE.