View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2017, 10:57 (Ref:3711517)   #1
PerigeeC
Rookie

PerigeeC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Rhodes - "Perigee C" Formula 1200 1960's-70's

A long shot I know but I have owned an old racing car for a number of years and am getting close to the stage (in life more than anything else) where I want look to return it to the track.

It was called the "Perigee C" and was built by Peter Rhodes in the late 1960's for the Formula 1200 races of the 750 Motor Club. It raced very competitively for a few years before it (and Peter) won the Formula 1200 Championship in 1971.

The other day I was lucky enough to buy several years worth of 750 Bulletins off EBay and have found out that it featured on the cover of a few especially the March 1972 edition where Peter also gave it a write-up.

I was tempted to find Wobbly-Webs for it, a Lotus 7 nose (I already have) and the 1300 five-bearing-crank - but after some serious reflection feel that this would be the wrong route to take - I want to restore it as close to as it was in 1971. I have found a suitable 1200cc Cortina engine that I hope to be able to replicate Peter's description of how he breathed such a life into his.

My car is No. 197 in the front row of the line-up below:

Does anyone know if Peter is still with us ? Does anyone have any photos of late 60's Formula 1200 (750MC) races ? Does anyone have any suitable engine parts kicking about ?

My car is No.197 in the front row of the below line-up:
Attached Thumbnails
Perigee C.jpg  

Last edited by PerigeeC; 11 Feb 2017 at 10:59. Reason: comment on photo