View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3808882)   #44
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Annoyed to not get a programme, if they were available.

Good to have a new circuit, after the loss of so many over the years, Brands, Cadwell, Swindon, Oulton, Snetterton, Blyton from the British, Knockhill, North Weald, Ty Croes, Mallory, the one near Middlesborough that name escapes me, and the unsuccessful tracks at NIR and the one that never happened at Red Lodge.

So hopefully it will make others sit up and take note.

Obviously we are all bitter about Lydden loosing the World Round, but still need to celebrate a new track, that they allowed the British Championship to use, and was not a one off for the money grabbing world round. Though guess this round was a good test for them.

Opening rounds on a Saturday are nothing new, remember Croft running on a Saturday and catching the opening Stock Car meeting at NIR on the way back, that broke the journey nicely.

Have to say I needed a Sunday after to recover from the cold. And mid week the initial weather warning I saw was for Sunday not Saturday, so I was pleased it was on Saturday, else I would of given up on going. Though the amber weather warning for Sunday in my area has just been dropped.

Viewing better than expected, but fear, but for a lucky few you could end up seeing not a lot if they get a big crowd. I would go to the World if not for the plain stupid marketing or pricing. WEC 3 day ticket £50, WRX 2 day £95, just doesn't make sense, should be less than WEC which is a far more established World Championship ( though I know it has come and gone over the years).

The error ridden emails, say down to the last few stand seats free with advance sales, which they have been saying for months. Guessing 2500 to 3000 stand seats, so at most that gives an idea of advance ticket sales so far.

I will be gutted to miss my first Euro/World UK round since 1980 (other than those in Wales and the one that clashed with the GP of E at Brands) Having seen the track layout, that wouldn't stop me going, it's just the prices and the whole "speedmachine festival" concept...