View Single Post
Old 24 May 2011, 05:31 (Ref:2884930)   #73
Racenut
Racer

Australia
Racenut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
How much do you think it would cost Racenut $1m, $2m $5m $10m or more.

What if a team say Kelly racing grabbed a sponsorship of hyundai (or any other manufacturer) developed the car themselves, remebering under COTF the cars are basically the same, used a holden (chev) motor (which as deno pointed out is there area of expertise) and suddenlly hyundai are racing in a 4 car team for the price of being a sponsor. $2 mill should cover it, based on there current rate of sellling cars, thats about $40 per car sold. not bad avertising plus its helps to build a bit of street creed. (personally i think its a better move for Kia)

Deno, while you maybe right, the kellys are not a holden sponsored team (maybe some minor assitance) in the above example they can still use there holden based knowledge, but pick themselves up a reasonable sponsor at the same time.
I see your point but why would Hyundai sponsor a car that uses a two valve engine, and pushrods when ALL of their road cars are overhead cam? If you look at Hyundai's world website you will see that they are interested in innovation not dinosaurs. If I was at Hyundai I would not get into V8 supercars unless we could use our own engine, which would cost a couple of million to get 'equal' to the current engines.