View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1585717)   #328
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The series versus series quality thing is good, but best for another thread?

If we're talking about top drivers - i don't rate Tocacello as a star, but his experience will count for a great deal. Robbie Kerr is someone who will probably make the most of the opportunity he's been given and will more than hack it against the 'younger' guys that are at his level in their career from 4 or 5 years ago if you know what I mean. He is certainly a title contender on talent alone and has generally been a frontrunner in everything he's competed in (and really shoul've have been given opportunity in GP2. MaYbe he will in 2007 if he top 3's in WSR this year).

The only reason Kerr's career hasn't progressed as it should is down to lack of money and support, not any lack of ability. Sir John Surtees 'patronage' has put that right and now he has the opportunity to finish off his 'junior' career and stake a claim for a drive at the top echelon within next couple years.

It will be a good season between him, Maldonado, Salignon for the title (IMO!!) with Garcia, Fleming, Kane, Hanley, Rossiter and hopefully McIntosh, Aleshin and Pilet chalenging if their ability is allowed to show by their equipment.