View Single Post
Old 2 Jun 2006, 11:00 (Ref:1625343)   #28
jonners
Racer

jonners should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Bassom
Where exactly on this thread have the 'list 1a brigade' said "thou shalt not"

As opposed to your constant "thou shalt not"?
With respect, I think you've missed/misread/misunderstood the points made earlier in this thread.

1a regs mean you can't use anything else at all. This creates problems.

Well drafted regs would say "any road tyre except [ ]". I hope you can see the difference.

My interest lies in speed events too and it's my fault that I seized on this topic and started ventilating without explaining that properly. I don't claim to have any knowledge of the issues that are particular to racing.

As mentioned above my car is double driven at each event and driven there on the road. Tyre wear even with super soft yokohamas has never been a problem and getting through more than 2 seasons with them has not been a problem. Meanwhile the 1a tyre users have already moved on several times from the Bridgestones we bought a few years ago (and had shaved) in order to compete at one or two other events.

Call me paranoid but I'm sick of the high handed moralistic wagging finger in the 1a brigade's views. I mean, we've already had a reference to social responsibility in this thread for pete's sake. Many, many times I've heard it said that all championships across the regions should conform to 1a. Why??
The answer seems to be that those regional associations that permit 1b are troublesome, out of touch, difficult, rebellious, non conformist etc etc. I've had direct experience of this. How ridiculous is that??

R compound tyres are becoming increasingly popular and more tyre companies are making them. Can't people see how backward their mindset is?? These tyres are made for what we do and are the closest some of use will get to proper racing tyres.

And what would happen if the a tyre company decided (as it could) to put an R compound in 1a because it considered it to be a bona fide production road tyre?? Whre would that leave the wagging fingers. Doesn't this show how ridiculous 1a is??

I know I've thrown a wobbler on this one and you won't be surprised to hear that I feel very strongly about this subject. So apologies for ranting (bet nobody's read this far anyway!!!).

I'll shut up now.

Last edited by jonners; 2 Jun 2006 at 11:05.