Thread: List 1a tyres
View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2006, 07:17 (Ref:1625963)   #33
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like a real lack of choice/variety/options in sprinting at the moment.

I can understand why the clubs are mandating list 1a for the lesser modified classes on the groups of potential cost. Yes, you can argue about certain circumstances where list 1b may be cheaper but that is a problem with the list 1a/b split and the MSA's management of it, or lack of it.

However for the clubs to then force competitors to have to jump straight it slicks, wings etc is really dumb.

In the end there are only two things you can do -

- Petition the club(s) for a broader spread of classes with a well reasoned argument supported for facts and statistics, and NOT rants.

- Vote with your feet and only support the club that has rules that meet your requirements.

As for the MSA, you could try petitioning them (they are reviewing the blue book at the moment) but unless you are running a big high profile manufacturer sponsored series I doubt if they would listen. Again I would aim at the facts and statistics, for instance by detailing the price versus longevity discrepancy of some of the tyres in list 1a and 1b.

Or you could come racing where there is curently more choice and variety than you can shake a very big stick at!!

Or you could continue complaining on Ten Tenths and, besides having some interesting discussions, get nowhere!