Thread: Driver The Raikkonen Supremacy
View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2013, 04:41 (Ref:3283622)   #46
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i thought during the podium celebration when Brundle asked SV to elaborate on Kimi pushing him over SV gave a pretty soft answer.

basically he said Kimi just blew him off with a laugh. classic Kimi of course but i got the sense that SV is a bit in awe of Kimi in much the same way a young boy would be of his cooler older brother.

a little pop psychology for you all there but i genuinely feel like Kimi would very quickly find the upper hand. He did so at Mclaren against DC with almost zero experience, he did so at Ferrari against the favorite son Massa, and then they paid him like 30mil not to do it to Alonso.

he just has a personality that people gravitate towards regardless of what is written in the contract.
I don't, I genuinely feel like Vettel would surprise everyone and beat Kimi. Kimi did well against Coulthard, remarkably well very quickly, but who's Coulthard? Just some guy who won a dozen races in the dominant car, but couldn't come close to winning a title, and got left behind by Mika.

He did well and truly beat Montoya as a teammate, which is a plus for him.

But he was extremely lucky to win his title in 2007, by just a point in front of both the Maccers... in fact the same team he'd failed to win a title with in 5 years of trying. Lewis really should have been champion that year with the lead he had going into the final 2 races. Kimi didn't win that title so much as Lewis lost it. Massa was just as fast as Kimi in 2007, maybe faster. He had a lot more poles and fastest laps, and did so in 2008 as well, and more wins that year. Massa left Kimi in his shadow that year, and then again in 2009 Kimi was in Massa's shadow until Massa had his accident.

I don't know what Massa's problem is these days, but today, Massa shouldn't even be in F1 with the way he's dominated by his teammate. How many years has it been since Massa genuinely beat Alonso? They could be the most one-sided driver pairing in the history of F1. Massa is useless now, so it doesn't say much for Kimi when he was barely able to outshine Massa for 3 years.

Then he took his break, came back, and actually Grosjean was looking better than Kimi for the first half of last year. He often outqualified him, and still does, he easily outqualified him at Hungary. But Kimi seems to have great consistency in the races. That Lotus is certainly reliable.

My point is, Kimi's been very consistent these past 2 seasons and he's one of the top 4 in F1, but I think he's 4th best. He's never really dominated a teammate, not like Vettel and Alonso have. So I really don't think he'll come into RB and beat Vettel. Just my opinion.