View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2017, 05:15 (Ref:3770847)   #2179
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I don't think Foxtel provided 10 a feed for the F1, Foxtel takes the complete SKY Sports UK coverage with their graphics, presnters and all, while Channel 10 takes the Channel 4 UK coverage & commentary
Thanks, I don't have Foxtel so wasn't really across that but what you say makes complete sense. As this announcement came out from Foxtel, I'm assuming that they must have had exclusive rights for Oz but gave permission for the 10 broadcast of some races but have now withdrawn that permission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
The Monday highlights will continue.One thought I have had is "what's in this for Liberty?".They would have had to approve this change in the contract.Possibly when they start rolling out their own F1 streaming platform next year in markets where the Tv contract allows it Australia will be able to get access to this under the new contract.
Liberty might not have had much opportunity to influence this one. If Foxtel have exclusive rights for Oz, give permission to 10 but then withdraw that permission, there is no change to the contract other than removing Foxtel's permission. Might be something like that and Liberty are just stuck with it?