View Single Post
Old 30 Jul 2009, 02:30 (Ref:2511356)   #10
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the circuit my dad(rip) used to take me when I was a little kid back in the early 70's. I used to watch road racing and drag racing, and I thought this thing was big I was very impressed with the sound of cars, the exitement of the races, and it all seemed so big for me at the time.

The circuit is abandoned now, like they say,,turned into a cow passture land, and some folks are doing clasdestine drag racing there,but I wouldn't recomend watching as you can get mugged ther now.

I went one time(at daylight) and actually rode the remains of the course in my car, and realized how small it really was. It was a mystic experience, to drive around the track,though the infield it's totally covered by vegetation, but I can almost hear the roaring of the Corvettes and the Porsches dueling again, I swear it brought tears to my eyes just to remember when I was 8 or 9 and my dad bringing me to the races!

I talked to the guy "runing it" now, a school buddy to fix it and make a buisness plan to build a road racing course,but he ain't listening, he's more than happy to make money on drag racing the 1/8 mile.

This is the actual condition:

Sorry for the long story, I thought it was related to this.