View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2018, 20:36 (Ref:3795310)   #39
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Playing devils advocate here, I do think F1 has become more mainstream, I never saw people wearing F1 team gear just out in the street 15-20 years ago. Whether that’s ultimately a good thing or not or even tells us anything I’m not sure. I guess we can thank Hamilton for some of that, like him or loath him he has raised the profile of the sport in many ways.
They've been wearing it since the 60s and 70's, what with the Malboro McLaren and Yardley McLaren anoraks, etc. plus there was the Denim aftershave gear as well. They are just the names that spring to mind immediately, but there were countless others. Although not a F1 team per se, but Ford also sold a clothing range aimed at motorsport enthusiasts, and I used to wear one of their anoraks - kindly donated, I might add.