View Single Post
Old 6 May 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3731381)   #21
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any anti-siphoning law change to what is & isn't on it would unlikely have any effect on motorsport, as only the 1000, AGP and Phillip Island MotoGP are on it anyway.

All three would be one of the last removed from it anyway, and likely the MotoGP before the other two

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceci1
I am not sure if this is good or bad. I am going to say bad at this stage for Foxtel and V8s, shame Ten was allowed to go this far
Any change to the law has nothing to do with Channel 10 really, it's all about Foxtel being allowed to show more exclusive content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52
There have been rumours Cricket Australia has been lobbying to get ODI's and T20 internationals off the list.Dont know if there is any substance.It would put those 2 and Big Bash on Fox with Test's simulcast as per NRL and AFL.
Given Big Bash has surged massively in popularity since leaving the limited confines of Foxtel for FTA, i find it highly unlikely that that form of the game would go back to to Foxtel.

Getting ODI's and International T20's off the list sounds like a ploy from CA in retaliation to a story this week about how Channel 9 aren't getting any value out of the current deal they have, and advice that they should seek paying less for the same content next time the rights are up for sale.... if ODI's and T20's can go to Foxtel exclusively, that brings another player into the rights game to potentially drive the price, if Channel 9 want to keep all the Internationals on their channel.