View Single Post
Old 6 Nov 2017, 18:19 (Ref:3779058)   #7
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
This wasn't my best year for IMSA. I don't get FS2 and am not going out of my way for it, nor a replay.

Dumbest move has to be Kenny Habul at Detroit, although I love the Sunergy Merc and hated to see it fade as the season wore on.

Best race was Road America, ESM came alive, carried the momentum through the year.

Biggest surprise was Mazda going to Joest. After so many years of disappointing performance, now they're all in?!

Most improved is the yellow flag procedures, Petit was a clinic in efficiency.

Don't really like BOP for one reason - do we need to race for 10-12-24 hours when the only hour that matters is the last one?

Overall, happy to see the state of IMSA in 2017.

I do agree about the fact that the speed of the FCY's at Road Atlanta was pretty good. The short track did help with that some. I think the approach needs to be taken in the future in the same way that they handled the all GT races. Officials seemed to allow those situations to clear up on their own much more so.

Agree that the integrity of the endurance races needs to be better protected. These full course yellows and the wave around procedure makes it too artificial. Didn't the Daytona 24 have a feel of the first 23 hours being a parade?