View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2018, 23:56 (Ref:3815875)   #67
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
I might be a bad judge, but the track is impressive as far as facilities are concerned, but it doesn't seem to be the most exciting piece of bitumen, and if I've seen correctly, most of the spectator area have massive catch fencing to look through.
Not sure how it looked on TV/streaming but the circuit has quite a bit of elevation change (No Mt. Panoroama, but for a circuit essentially built in a paddock its quit impressive. The corners are wide and seemed to allow quite a few different lines, however these didn't seem to translate into a lot of passing. Still it was only the first event.

From a spectator view, The place is HUGE, You are quite a way back from the track in some spots, There is probably 10 - 15 metres between the spectator fence and the track, The parts where you are closer have catch fencing. I'm assuming this is just what happens when a track is built to modern FIA safety standards. I don't know the turn numbers, but there is fencing almost continuously from the part where the GT circuit re-joins the national circuit, all the way around to turn 1 (With the exception of the little back straight opposite the pit straight.

From Turn 1 all the way around to where the GT and International circuits separate is virtually fence free.

There are many spots where you can see large portions of the track. At the nationals GA were able to get on top of parts of the pit building which afford great views.

Facility still has lots of work to be done, and currently there is only 1 2 way road into the facility. If this is still the case when the V8's are there in August it will be bedlam trying to get in and out.

But They've got a few months to sort that stuff out still. All in all its a fantastic place.

Does anyone know why the GT's were put onto the national circuit instead of the GT circuit ??? I was looking forward to getting a look at the back part of the circuit