View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2010, 22:46 (Ref:2671153)   #6
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Garry Sowerby and his two British co-drivers completed an around-the-world drive in a record time of just 21 days, 2 hours and 14 minutes. The three left Greenwich, England on October 1, 1997, travelled east and returned to the same point December 11, 1997 after driving 18,344 miles through 16 countries and across four continents.
They travelled in a virtually standard 1997 Vauxhall Frontera Estate powered by a 2.5 litre turbo-diesel engine.
The Guinness Book of Records has confirmed this as a new record for "World Circumnavigation by Car".

I also found this after a bit of "googling" but reading about the different ways it could be done I am confused (as normal ) by it, and whether people have in fact followed the Guiness Record rules. In theory you can drive or walk round the world at the poles ! And lets face it its impossible to actually drive all the way round the world at the equator.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !