View Single Post
Old 14 Dec 2011, 17:26 (Ref:2999776)   #11
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
Although both are British F3 champions, Ricciardo took 5 wins on his way to the title (same as Alguersuari) whilst JEV took 13 wins. In FR3.5 Ricciardo has stats of 30:5:14 (Starts:Wins:Podiums) compared to JEV's 23:6:13. A 26% win rate versus 16% so I'd say that JEV is by far the more accomplished in the junior formula.
Let's not forget that JEV was at Carlin this year, and they were clearly the class of the field.

Ricciardo missed a few races this year due to F1 testing. Probably his double program did hurt his focus on F3.5, especially since he knew straight away that the title was almost unachievable because of that. However, in fairness JEV missed a few F3.5 practice sessions due to simulator duties, and coped rather well with that.

Anyway, in the end I agree that JEV looks to be slightly superior material at this point, and that the pressure is on Ricciardo's shoulders. I kinda like the guy also, although this might change once he gets presented as the next superstar by the local media