View Single Post
Old 11 Jul 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2725136)   #26
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
The best? One of the best yes, but I honestly don't think we can say that any one driver is superlatively better than all the others this year. I tend to group drivers rather than rank them in linear order.

Certainly Hamilton is a more complete driver than ever before, but is he a more complete driver and markedly superior to Kubica, Button or Webber. He is a better qualifier than Button, and maybe fractionally faster and fitter than Webber who is probably at his peak age wise. Kubica's performances this year have been superb and if he was in an identical car then we'd have a more accurate picture of the relative performances.
I don't rate Vettel at the moment with the above four because I don't see the tactical and emotional maturity displayed by my top four.

Alonso, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg make up my next group with Kovalainen's performances best of the rest. So do I think Kovy would do better than TGF in the Brawn Mercedes seat? Yes.