View Single Post
Old 5 May 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2455850)   #1
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australia's next top driver

I suppose young drivers who start off near the back (even getting beaten by team-mates), then start running regularly at the front, could be said to have broken through to become a top V8 driver. Most of the recent top drivers are like this I guess, apart from ex-Europe Davo and JC .

My opinion:

I suppose Caruso could have be said to have 'arrived' and become a top driver, he seems able to match and beat Lee in recent races.

Reynolds and Slade are well placed, already driving top equipment and having talent.

Not sure if Perkins, Wood or D 'Alberto will become top drivers, or race in the mid-pack indefinitely.

Patrizi seems to be improving, it will be interesting to see how close to Coulthard he is in a FG. Regarding Coulthard assuming the PCR 888/KRE package is slightly inferior than 888, then Coulthard might be getting the most out of the package and has really arrived big time too, if the cars and level of preparation is really 'identical' to the Whincup-mobile then it is still very very solid for Coulthard to be fairly close to Whincup & Lowndes regardless.