View Single Post
Old 19 Mar 2017, 23:33 (Ref:3720079)   #3438
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I've tried watching. If I stop watching a series because it isn't fun, I do go back and give it another try at various points to see if it's a better fit for me later.

Aside from the FCYs, I also hate the uninteresting and hideous cars, the races are too short and it's too hard to watch (as in, get legal good quality coverage) compared to other series. The FCYs are just one of many things that put me off the series.

I don't frequent the IndyCar forum, as it's not really a good thing to spam the forum with reasons I don't watch. But for what it's worth, the FCY structure, crap TV coverage and awful cars is what stopped me watching it. And the FCYs are pretty easy to fix IMO. If I want randomness thrown into racing, I watch BTCC, because at least that's honest about how it mixes things up.

Just my 2 cents from an ex-fan.
Interesting as I find some similarities with F1. The cars are not particularly interesting. The rules are so rigid, it's practically a spec series, so very little variation and differentiation in the way the cars look. I don't subscribe to Sky, so coverage for those races not shown live on Channel 4 (as opposed to legal good quality coverage) is hit and miss. Though I can just about handle push to pass, as drivers are limited to the number of times it can be used, I've never liked DRS. Race length is more or less the same as F1.

I don't think there's anything dishonest about the randomness that can be thrown up by IndyCar, compared to BTCC, it's just how it is and has been like that for sometime. At least the random aspect means the dominant driver/team isn't always going to win.

The last few F1 season's have been predictably boring. I stopped watching F1 during the Schumacher/Ferrari years because it got monotonous and I've been thinking about doing the same again with F1. If the 2017 F1 season is anything like the last few, despite the new car regs, I'll start to miss races.