Thread: 2012 memories
View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2013, 03:29 (Ref:3184044)   #28
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
High - Monaco historics and seeing some magnificent machinery with some great people from the McLaren Trust.
Low - Monaco's long drawn out days with nothing happening on the track for most of the day whilst penned in a small stand area - and not being allowed to wander far.
High - Actually finishing all races I started and being able to just park the car afterwards, still being driven under its oown power.
Low - Missing rounds through being overseas and overheating at the very last race which means I'll have to lift the bonnet and probably do some work on the car.
High - Ferraris at Maranello
Low - Not doing the Ferrari factory tour because there were too many in our group so I volunteered to stand down.
High - The Lamborghini factory and museum
Low - The coach getting us to the factory so late that the workforce had just knocked off.
High - Taking some superb photographs at Hampton Downs and seeing the slow but steady progress with the circuit development.
Low - Getting to the Donington museum and seeing so many of Kevin's historic military vehicles through the doorway and the receptionist not being able to supply a list of current race cars on display, so for the first time since about 1976 and numerous previous visits, we didn't bother to go in.
High - Almost getting the MG Magnette project on the road after 8 years of blood, sweat and a lot of tears (and expense).
Low - Not getting the MG Magnette on the road through unbelievable red tape requirements for a modified car in NZ.

High - Surviving 2012 without succumbing to any form of age related injury or illness and looking forward to 2013.