View Single Post
Old 12 Jun 2012, 01:32 (Ref:3089334)   #22
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure that Autopolis would be keen to pay a serious sanction fee. They host SuperGT fairly regularly now, but that's the biggest thing they've been hosting lately, and maybe the biggest thing they've hosted since the final race of the 1991 FIA World Sportscar Championship.

I don't know that these cars have enough top-end speed to make Okayama (Aida) worthwhile; I'm not sure they'd be able to pass anywhere other than at the end of the back straight.

Honda owns Suzuka, but late in the season there doesn't work so well due to F1.

Zhuhai hasn't proven capable of sustaining an event thus far. FIA GT has visited a couple times, with runs of 2-3 years each time, I think. We'll never know if they could have held on to the ILMC, since that has become the FIA WEC, and moved to Shanghai.

I'd like to see Qingdao happen once, to see the circuit. As for the future, all I can hope is Milwaukee goes well with Andretti promoting it, and Road America can fill that August slot on the calendar, partnering with the ALMS.