Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3553555)   #23
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess that it is important to the race fans to see these cars in action on the circuits that are likely to be turned into housing estates, industrial sites or gravel extraction pits while they are still available for once they are gone where are they going to race other that on the circuits that are owned by Tony Quinn, or have a 99 year lease in place with their District Council and are operated by a car club, or are 100% freehold and owned and operated by a car club.

It has to be faced, there is a quite a distinct possibility in the future that there will be only Hampton Downs in the North Island and the South Island circuits will be from Timaru south.

This will not worry the current group of competitors for they will have finished their 5 years n the sunlight and packed up an gone but what are they leaving for the future of the sport. I would suggest s.f.a

As for Timaru being "dangerous" or "unsafe" I would like to remind you that the most dangerous or unsafe thing a person can do is go to bed for over half the deaths in NZ occur whilst a person is in bed.

No circuit in he world can totally prevent stupidity and / or incompetence occurring with race drivers.

Finally, check your history on the numbers who have been killed on our various circuits and check the numbers that have had to leave the various circuit by Ambulance, only then can you confidently state which are the unsafe or safest circuits in NZ.

Cars are repairable, people aren't.