View Single Post
Old 2 Nov 2016, 15:44 (Ref:3684792)   #49
bobec
Racer

bobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbobec should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
No it's not, that's crybaby talk!

They are going to lose potentially billions in the nest few years, what do you expect?

Oh ok we will continue to fund a program that costs tens of millions a year, one that we have nothing to prove in that we have utterly dominated for three years.

While probably paying off hundreds of workers and paying out billions in compensation!

Get in to the real world chap, sorry.

No, it's not cry baby talk, though I'm disappointed. And I have the right to be disappointed, and the right to choose what car I buy. Subaru is still using the WRC in their commercials, even though it's been ages.

If you look into the numbers, they aren't saving that much by quitting. They are still keeping and paying for all their staff, much like Audi Sport. Money for the fines and litigation was set aside already last year, and profitability at VW is going up this year. VW Group Sales are doing well too.
This is a STUPID, misguided move that has to do with "image", not finances. I bet it's because they want to enter that supporting electric Rally Cross series that is envisioned. STUPID.
VW still had a lot to prove with the new WRC cars. Everyone couldn't wait to see how it goes next year, the car was even ready, for Gods's sake!