Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4115631)   #3980
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Surely though that would improve driver health and we won't see Lewis getting out of the car and rubbing his back?
I’m sorry, but there seems to be a lot of what I and others might
consider to be a team design issue, and a generic driver health issue because one driver having back pain.

It doesn’t require an FIA car setup mandate or rule change.

Porpoising has been around since the ground effect cars in days of yore. Teams and designers back then using the computing power of little more than a modern calculator worked out solutions.

For Mercedes there is solutions out there, whether that be ride hight, thicker carbon fibre resulting in less flex in the floor or other bodywork or something else that aerodynamicists (and I’m certainly not one of them) could implement.
Sure for each of those there could be detriment to overall performance, but within a budget cap you can’t have everything.

Perhaps the cheapest solution is just to remould Hamilton’s seat to accommodate cushioning.