View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2001, 22:19 (Ref:173051)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Entertaining exchange of views, guys.

Just on the subject of roof or no roof, from an aesthetic point of view, I started off as a definite "roof" man, having cut my Le Mans and 1000kms teeth on 956/962s, Jags, Nissans, Toyotas, Saubers etc. One of my personal favourites was the Charge/Renown Mazda in that lovely orange and green colour scheme. (And how about the Shell Porsches of 1988 - the best looking 962's ever?).

But by the time the open-topped cars returned to Le Mans, I was so pleased to see them! (I thought the Gulf Kremer K8 of Bell/Laessig/Donovan in 1994 looked sensational). A couple of years later, the same (type of) car was a complete no-hoper. After 5-6 years of open-topped protos (mixed in with the likes of the gorgeous Toyota GT-One), I'd love to see more closed cars back at Le Mans. (And I'm not talking of 911 derivatives!!)

For me, whatever you think of the origins of this year's Bentley, it was something to drool over!