Thread: ELMS Race ELMS round 3: Red Bull Ring
View Single Post
Old 22 Jul 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3436747)   #45
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ha ha.

As for the beer at the bottom of the glass - yes there actually is some. If you actually take a look at one of my previous messages I did mention ELMS is actually the ACO influenced series I have least nitpicky problems with as overall product. Calendar is good for all intents and purposes, there is not some weird politics war going on in the background, the atmosphere is nice -pretty much what's it always been- and the purely racing wise it can be quite entertaining (though then again can SRO Sprint Series and Porsche Supercup and Nordic Formula Renault 2.0 and USCC LMPC be). It is alright, not nearly as good as pre-2012, but alright. What I've been trying to say here is that for me it just doesn't feel the same when the stakes aren't as high as they used to be in the series. You know, tier two all-privateer proto class at the front with lineups that are by their very nature not intended to be top level, and the two GT classes (of which I'm not big fan anyway) with the same intentions. When someone wins the race it doesn't feel as important as it's all been downgraded and dumbed down on purpose. And therefore it's not as interesting for me, however 'exciting' it might be on track..

Surely someone can see my point.